Every year significant utility issues are debated in the Alabama State Legislature. These issues have a direct impact on public utilities and the citizens they serve. APUA provides legislative monitoring services including weekly legislative reports during the Alabama Legislative Session.
APUA is honored to represent Alabama’s municipally owned utilities across the state of Alabama.
Federal and State Governmental Affairs
Federal and State activities are facilitated by the APUA staff bringing representatives of member utilities together with the appropriate elected officials throughout the year. These activities aid in developing a better working relationship between utilities, federal, state and local officials. To that end, APUA provides the following services to its members:
- Legislative & Regulatory Coordination
- Regular Legislative Updates and Legislative Alerts
- Legislative Grassroots Development
- Annual Meeting and Governmental Affairs Conference
- Annual Legislative Appreciation Reception
- Legislative Coalition Building
- Washington, D.C. Legislative Rally